Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Breakfast


Breakfast, originally uploaded by Robbi Baba.

I chose the Nest in large part for Joyce. She really enjoys fine food and the Nest delievered! After the first or second day however, the vegetarian items disappeared off the menu board and Wiccha sent me and the girls down the hill to her sister's more traditional Thai resturaunt for vege fare.
This is where I had a bowl of Tom Yum fish soup that was so good I felt transported out of this world. It was probably the best thing I've ever eaten.
Here's what I wrote about that trip down the hill:
One dark night I walked with the girls down to the resort's Thai restaurant, down near the cave temple. We had a truly excellent meal, maybe the best Thai food I've had (made by Wiccha's sister). But Eden was very tired and did not like walking in the dark. In fact I had carried her about halfway down the hill. Suddenly Wiccha's sister appeared and told us that one of the staff (a very handsome fellow) had offered to drive us back up on a motorcycle! What could we say? Eden and I went first (no helmets!). I was terrified. It was very dark, very windy and there were dogs in the road we had to weave around. But we made it back in just a few rushing minutes and were greeted enthusiastically by Krista and Joyce who had just finished eating, and by Wiccha and a few other guests. Then up comes India, vrroooom. I was worried she'd be freaked out, holding onto some stranger, first time on a bike. She was elated! "We should get one of these things!!". Fun.

No comments: