Thursday, January 11, 2007

Tuk Tuks


Tuk Tuks, originally uploaded by Robbi Baba.

We'd read about tuk tuks in one of the guide books. They got a bad rap for being loud and unsafe and having all the poluted air blowing in your face. I took this to heart and avoided them at first.
Finally the girls and I took a ride back to our hotel by the time we arrived I was completely won over. I have a video clip here of that ride. What a blast!
One night, coming back solo from the night market, I got a ride in one that had a bum starter. At one point the driver, who was borrowing the tuk tuk from his cousin, foolishly turned off the engine. I ended up pushing it to get it jump started! He also got us lost trying to find my guesthouse in the dark back alleys. I guess he was from the countryside.
I just wish I could import one for my very own! I'd drive it around all summer.




No comments: